Accomplished, integrity-driven, and solution-focused Support Engineer and Team Leader, with over 15 years in the industry. Focused on leading by example and providing solutions while fostering collaboration, learning, and professional camaraderie.
Software and SaaS Platforms: Okta, Varonis, M365, Google Workspace, Active Directory, Azure AD, Exchange, Exchange Online.
Hardware and HaaS Platforms: AWS, Azure, VMWare, Windows Server, Windows & Mac OSX desktop, NetApp, Isilon, VNX, Unity, Nasuni, Cisco, FortiNet.
Tools: SQL, Powershell, Python.
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Technical Support Engineer 2022 - Present
Varonis, Morrisville, NC
Dedicated Support Team Leader 2022
· Work alongside my Manager to continuously develop the team and measure KPIs.
· Act as a technical resource to the team for ongoing cases and help to assist them with training.
· Engage in our new product development process to ensure that all team members are prepared to support new products and/or releases.
· Foster a culture of engagement and ownership, enabling accountability within my team and collaboration with other teams.
Dedicated Support Engineer 2021 - 2022
· Assigned to a single account to work directly with the Customer’s systems and personnel, developing and maintaining professional relationships with Product Owners and Product Stakeholders.
· Maintain a project-driven technical support service, directly in the Customer’s environment.
· Facilitate customer-oriented technical discussions bringing unique expertise from other teams in a collaborative effort.
· Make recommendations on tuning and configuration of environments to promote optimal performance and cohabitation of customer and Varonis applications
Tier II/III Technical Support Engineer 2019 - 2021
· Received and managed escalated support tickets related to Varonis software suite and supported platforms
· Advocated for product innovation through intimate knowledge of user experience.
· Provided feedback to development teams based on emerging issues observed in the field.
· Prepared official documentation and training for all support tiers.
· Acted as a direct consult to T2 members and manage and participate in customer war room chats.
· Primary subjects of responsibility included nearly all behind the scenes data communications for the DatAdvantage product and audit and monitoring configurations spanning more than 14 different File Server platforms (such as Isilon, Unity, NetApp, Nasuni, Exchange and SharePoint), Office 365, Windows & Unix based Directory Services, VPN platforms (Pulse Secure, Palo Alto, etc.), Web Proxies (Apache, Squid, Zscaler, etc.), DNS servers, and more.
· Troubleshooted platform communications through proprietary and Open Source (RabbitMQ, Solr, ZooKeeper, Logstash, Filebeat, etc.) backend services.
Uptime IT LLC, New York, NY
Technical Support Engineer 2018 - 2019
· Provided technical support over the telephone, remote, and on-site in multi-platform environments.
· Successful at troubleshooting, break/fix, installation and part replacement with both Windows and Mac OS PCs.
· Active Directory and G Suite deployment and management.
· Configured and administered cabling, switches, routers, wireless access points, and networked printers.
· Expanded knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, Google Apps and Office365.
· Installed and Administered Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016 and 2019.
· Configured and maintained virtual clusters using VMware and Hyper-V.
· Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems (Faveo, ConnectWise Manage).
Hydden Technologies, New York, NY
IT Support Specialist (Consultant) 2004 - 2018
· Responsible for providing technical support both over the telephone and on-site in fast paced, multi-platform environments
· Set up staff workstations with PCs, Macs, phones and laptops
· Performed day-to-day break/fix Mac and Windows support
· Utilized Active Directory to maintain user accounts, configure group policies, and manage domains
· Provided support and training for commonly used off the shelf and proprietary software applications
· Configure and install new, upgrade or replacement computing systems, mobile devices, printers, VoIP Devices, telephone systems, and other technology tools.
· Support meeting-related data connectivity, including setup & support of Audio Visual (AV) systems including video conference, audio conference, and presentation systems
· Ensured network, system and data availability and integrity through preventative maintenance and upgrades
Liberty Tax Service, Virginia Beach, VA
Help Desk Specialist / Manager 2001 - 2003
· Led a medium sized team of technology experts in supporting the high-pressure and time-sensitive personal income tax filing industry
· Provided exceptional customer service to franchisees, and ensured optimal technical service over the phone, remotely, via email and in person
· Implemented and tested network, system and workstation configurations with the goal of increasing profitability
· Educated Franchisees on operating procedures, emergency procedures, and the use of hardware and software components
· Tracked trouble tickets from start to finish. Escalated and de-escalated trouble tickets appropriately
· Troubleshooted and tracked hardware and software bugs, verbosely documenting processes and solutions in tracking software to assist the dev team
· Created Knowledge Base articles and expanded documentation of discovered solutions to bugs, and implemented workarounds for known bugs that had no solutions
Ozarks Technical College, Springfield, MO, Associates of Arts